Thursday, May 10, 2012

NY XPO: Networking is Key


I had the chance to go to the 7th Annual New York XPO for Business at the Jacob Javits Center. It was a 2-day event spanning over the 2nd & 3rd, but I was only able to go to on the 3rd. Let me first say, I have never been to the Jacob Javits Center so the whole building was a bit overwhelming. Finding the part of the building where the XPO was held was such a stress. I had to keep getting directed to another hallway, and another hallway, AND another. However, I made it nonetheless, early actually. I arrived a little 9:00 AM so I walked around a little, watched a few business set up their tables, & tried to prep myself to speak to these small business owners. 
I went to the first seminar at 9:30, it was on Social Media (perfect for me). It was titled The Social Media Toolbox: Secret Strategies to Increase Marketing & Engage Followers. I definitely learned a lot for Business Live 360 as well as for my personal business, & that's how most of the seminars worked. After that was over, the XPO was in full swing. Everywhere I turned someone was passing me their business card or selling me their pitch, it was a bit overwhelming (same as the layout of the building). However, I eventually got into the swing of things. I handed out too many business cards to count & expressed the benefits to so many small business owners of Google Business Photos/Business Live 360. I even attended a few more seminars & learned a lot of tips in creating a brand, how to "power network", & other great strategies to become a better business woman.
It was a great experience & I'm definitely happy that I went. I suggest all small business owners attend functions such as this one. A few other businesses that were in attendance was: 5 Hour Energy, Larry Flyhnt's Hustler's Club NYC, Think Energy, Fortune Web Marketing, & about 400 other small & mid-sized businesses. A great experience indeed. 
Happy Networking!


- Shantavia Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment